Thursday, May 9, 2019

First Impressions of Le贸n

Well, I didn't expect such a gap between my last post and this one... but after such action packed days, I've been enjoying a languorous feel to decompress before I fall asleep. Not only that but I now have lessons to plan! What time could I possibly put aside for blogging purposes...? Well, I guess we'll see, won't we? (<- good question tag there... should do a lesson on that)

A lot has happened since my first post. A whole lot. Took a minibus down to Gatwick, flew over to Oviedo, hopped back on a minibus through the impressive mountainous terrain of Asturias towards to the city of Le贸n. We arrived at our residence friday night and as I write this it is thursday. So there's certainly plenty to unpack with regards to experiences so far (and some literal unpacking as well). So I will just provide the gist so far and go into greater detail in subsequent posts.

Firstly the accommodation wasn't quite what we had all expected from the pictures we'd looked up while still in Chester. That being said it didn't take too long to get settled in and used to our new surroundings. I will get into this more in future posts (something to look forward to 馃槣 (don't get too excited...))

Le贸n itself is amazing, it comes across as such a charming and live-able little city. The bars are great, and our first saturday night was good fun. We went drinking and eating tapas then met up with some University students from our accommodation for a bit more drinking etc. etc. A thoroughly enjoyable night, not such an enjoyable sunday morning.

I have so much more to say, but I also have lessons to plan.

In the meantime, below are some random pics so far...







At Gatwick, excited to start!! (A bit bright)

I always take flattering pics of Zack...
The grand Le贸n Cathedral (Catedral de Le贸n) shot on a rubbish iPhone camera...





Interesting choice in this vending machine


1 comment: